The Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid Mass Spectrometer is an advanced performance mass spectrometry system that can be upgraded to even higher resolution (1M), additional dissociation capabilities (UVPD and ETD), and a unique internal calibration (IC). Excel at the most challenging of applications, including low level PTM analysis, multiplexed relative quantitation using isobaric tags, intact protein characterization, as well as MSn analysis of small molecules.
This system incorporates the brightest ion source, a segmented quadrupole mass filter with improved selectivity and ion transmission, Advanced Vacuum Technology for improved ion transmission to the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap mass analyzer, and ETD HD, a higher-capacity ETD fragmentation. Latest innovations include the Advanced Peak Determination (APD) algorithm for improved data-dependent experiments and two new hardware options: UVPD, a new fragmentation technique achieved with a 213 nm UV laser and 1M, which provides 1,000,000 FWHM ultra-high resolution for improved structural elucidation and quantitation of isobaric compounds.
Take a look inside the Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid mass spectrometer, which features an ultra-high-field Orbitrap mass analyzer that ensures scan speeds of up to 20 Hz and a top mass resolution of up to 500,000 (FWHM) at m/z 200. The Fusion Lumos mass spectrometer utilizes an Advanced Active Beam Guide (AABG) and Advanced Quadrupole Technology (AQT) for very stable system operation and exceptional analytical performance.
The Fusion Lumos Tribrid also offers:
Take a look inside the Orbitrap technology present in the Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid mass spectrometer, which offers a resolving power up to 1,000,000 at m/z 200. The Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid MS features Advanced Quadrupole Technology, a dual pressure linear ion trap and an ultra-high-field Orbitrap mass analyzer. This triple analyzer system offers acquisition rates of up to 40 Hz for both Orbitrap and linear ion trap MSn analyses, multiplexing with TMT technology, faster scanning MS detectors, improved sensitivity for extended coverage of low abundance proteins, and multiple fragmentation techniques.
1) Brightest Ion Source and Higher Capacity Transfer Tube (HCTT): The Ion Max NG Ion Source features an adjustable heated electrospray ionization (HESI) probe while the HCTT increases ion flux into the vacuum system for improved sensitivity.
2) Electrodynamic Ion Funnel: Focusing ions after the HCTT, the EIF increases ion flux into the vacuum system and enables lower limits of detection by improving the sensitivity of the electrospray ionization source.
3) EASY ETD Source: This compact ion source, based on Townsend discharge, offers extremely stable anion flux for improved usability and reagent longevity.
4) Advanced Active Beam Guide (AABG): This technology, which features an axial field and low pass filtering, reduces noise and stops neutral ions and high velocity clusters from entering the quadrupole mass filter.
5) Advanced Quadrupole Technology: The segmented quadrupole, which is powered by Advanced Quadrupole Technology, offers symmetric and efficient transfer of selected ions for more accurate quantitation.
6) UltraHigh-Field Orbitrap Analyzer: The Orbitrap mass analyzer boasts a top resolution setting of up to 1,000,000 FWHM at m/z 200, enabling confident assignment of the elemental composition of small molecule analytes.
7) Advanced Vacuum Technology (AVT): Generates optimal analysis conditions by increasing ion transmission to the Orbitrap mass analyzer and improving the quality of mass spectra acquired within it.
8) Ion Routing Multipole: Controlled by Dynamic Scan Management, the IRM increases effective scan rates, facilitates parallel detection in the ion trap and Orbitrap mass analyzers, and performs HCD at any MSn stage.
9) Electron Transfer Dissociation (ETD HD): High Definition ETD incorporates a higher capacity ion-ion reaction for improved dynamic range of ETD spectra, resulting in improved dynamic range and detection limits for ETD/EThcD events
10) Dual-pressure linear ion trap: Provides MSn HCD, CID and ETD fragmentations and fast, sensitive mass analysis with scan rates of up to 40 Hz. Synchronous precursor selection enhances the instrument’s S:N ratio.
Maximize performance and flexibility to expand experimental capabilities of this Orbitrap Tribrid mass spectrometer with multiple hardware and software options, allowing you to see more, quantify more, deliver more confidence and greater insights with even more productivity.
Thermo Scientific FAIMS Pro interface enhances precursor selectivity, improving qualitative and quantitative results for most peptide and protein applications while reducing time consuming sample preparation steps.
Identifying and characterizing proteins and post-translational modifications by bottom-up mass spectrometry relies on the acquisition of high-quality MS and MS/MS data. The FAIMS Pro interface increases analytical performance through gas phase fractionation and selective enhancement of peptidic compounds, reducing the complexity of the MS spectra, and improving analyte signal/noise ratio. The end result is greater proteome coverage.
Achieve unambiguous characterization of lipids, modified peptides and intact proteins, even in complex mixtures, and obtain unique structurally diagnostic information (e.g., double bonds) that cannot be obtained with CID, HCD, ETD or EThcD. UVPD enhances unique sequence coverage over 20%, generating MSn fragments in the linear ion trap that can be detected by either the ion trap or Orbitrap mass analyzer.
Improve mass-to-charge (m/z) ratio assignment accuracy to under 1 ppm with the Easy-IC ion source, which incorporates a secondary ion source that delivers a regulated number of calibrant ions into the analyte ions. This feature enables real-time fine adjustment of the instrument's m/z calibration, correcting otherwise uncompensated errors due to temperature fluctuations and scan-to-scan variations.
Resolve isobaric components, obtain fine isotope information, and achieve confident assignment of the elemental composition of small molecule analytes with the ultra-high 1 Million (1M) resolution setting of the Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid Mass Spectrometer. The 1M resolution option significantly aids the characterization and quantitation of structurally diverse targets by obtaining mass measurements at ultra-high resolution (1,000,000 FWHM at m/z 200) for structurally diverse targets.
Proteomics research requires more than just simple identification. Thermo Scientific Proteome Discoverer software offers a full suite of analysis tools with the flexibility to address multiple research workflows, and an easy-to-use, wizard-driven interface. Confidently interpret your data with sophisticated statistical and visualization tools unique to Proteome Discoverer software, and utilize third-party algorithms to take your analysis to the next level.
Recommended for the following workflows:
Complete protein characterization can be challenging, whether you are performing intact protein mass analysis, top- and middle-down analysis, peptide mapping or multi-attribute method (MAM) workflows. Access workflows to facilitate comprehensive interpretation and data visualization, confidently characterizing your biologics with speed and ease. Thermo Scientific BioPharma Finder software helps you choose the right path for confident protein characterization.
Recommended for the following workflows:
Using the Thermo Scientific Almanac web- and smartphone-based application gives you the ability to remotely access and manage your LC-MS systems, freeing you to focus on other important tasks during your day.
Check real-time system status and acquisitions, set up automated e-mails to notify you of a completed acquisition or error, schedule instrument access, monitor utilization, or send service files to aid in system diagnostics and maximize up-time.
Connect your laboratory: Always know what’s going on within your laboratory with any cloud-connected device. Maximize system utilization with long-term trending of system usage and sample throughput, through to checking data acquisition and multiple other productivity tools.
Our LC-MS on-demand webinar series expands your application knowledge for pharma, biopharma, environmental, omics, food, forensics and clinical research and more. Learn how the latest high-performance mass spectrometry solutions can enable your laboratory to solve your most pressing analytical challenges, regardless of sample type.